This is the short version of the famous and stunning Inca Trail, for those who have little time available, but that in no way want to miss this unique trek.
This version of the Short Inca Trail 2 Days 1 Night, goes from 104 km, located at 2,100 m / 6890 ft. (starting by train from Ollantaytambo). It is a walk of 16 miles to Machu Picchu, where you can enjoy spectacular high Andean landscapes and jungle, during the tour will visit Inca constructions as Chachabamba, Choquesuysuy Winaywayna etc.., You can also find a wide variety of flora and fauna likewise a variety of birds.
The hike takes about 6 to 7 hours to reach the Gate of Sun known as Inti Punku, where you can see the first panoramic views of Machu Picchu.
- Departure Time02:30 hrs.
- Return Time14:00 hrs.
- IncludedInca Trail
- Day 01: Ollantaytambo Station (2800m.s.n.m.) - KM 104 Chachabamba (2100m.s.n.m.) - Wiñayhuayna (2,650 m.s.n.m.) - Machu Picchu (2,430 m) - Aguas Calientes (2040m.s.n.m.) Distance 13 kms. Time 6hrs approximately.
- At Ollantaytambo station - Travel by train to Km 104 will depend on the chosen train schedule.
- 08:30 hrs. Start of the walk: Km 104 - Wiñayhuayna.
- 12:00 hrs. Lunch en route.
- 12:30 hrs. We continue with the walk towards the Puerta del Sol (Inti Punku).
- 14:30 hrs. Arrival at the Puerta del Sol, descent to Machupicchu.
- 16:00 hrs. Descent by bus to the town of Aguas Calientes.
- 16:30 hrs. Arrival in Aguas Calientes.
- Day 02: Visit to the Sanctuary of Machu Picchu 2430m.s.n.m. (Time 2hrs approximately.)
- 04:30 hrs. Breakfast at your hotel.
- 05:30 hrs. Ascent to Machu Picchu.
- 06:00 hrs. Guided tour in Machu Picchu 2 hrs. about.
- 12:00 hrs. Return to Aguas Calientes.
- 14:55 hrs. Return by train to Ollantaytambo station or Poroy station.
- 18:00 hrs. Transportation to the city of Cusco.
- Briefing where the guide will explain and give you more details about the trek and give us the maps.
- Professional tourist guide. (Spanish/English)
- Additional Guide for groups over 9 people.
- Food (03 Breakfasts / 01 Lunch / 01 Dinner).
- Guide in french (the price in tariff is for day of service, therefore i twill be divided by the number of participants)
- Transport Cusco – Ollantaytambo. - Train to km. 104.
- Bus Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes. (CONSETTUR).
- Train Aguas Calientes - Ollantaytambo.
- Transport Ollantaytambo - Cusco.
- Free vegetarian option, please inform in advancee.
- Tickets for the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu.
- Guided Tour in Machu Picchu about 2 hours.
- IGV (General tax of sales).
- Gratuities and gratefulnesses (Tips).
- A pair of hiking boots or traction shoes.
- Pairs of walking socks above the ankle (synthetic or thick woolen socks that warm even when wet).
- Short sleeve shirts (for sunny days)
- Long-sleeved shirts or shirts
- Jacket or jacket or similar (polar) - (Warm jacket)
- Underwear (enough for program days.)
- A waterproof jacket for wind and rain (check that it is 100% waterproof).
- Maximum 2 lightweight pants, synthetic pants or quick-drying materials recommended.
- 1 pair of very important walking poles for descents. If you do not have it, you can rent it.
- Sleeping clothes.
- Cap for sun (cap or hat).
- Glasses for sun protection.
- Buff or breathable choker.
- Sunscreen (SPF 50 min) and lip protector.
- Headlamp (with spare batteries).
- Canteen or bottle of water (minimum of one liter capacity). The use of disposable plastic bottles is prohibited in protected natural sites.
- Replacement surgical or social masks. (Preferably reusable)
- Backpack or backpack (Day Bag) of expedition of between 30 and 40 liters with waist adjustment.
- Plastic bags to waterproof the equipment.
- Personal cleaning supplies (avoid shampoos and creams in large jars.)
- Quick drying towel.
- Sunglasses with UV filter
- Extra money in cash with a maximum amount of S / 500 soles, for personal expenses and / or gratitude.