This tour offers a wonderful hike to Palccoyo or the other “Mountain of the 7 Colors” in the middle of the mountain range called “RAINBOW”. This place has gained a great reputation thanks to the very special colouring of the sediments of this part of the Andes. Palccoyo has the advantage of being much less frequented than Vinicunca, the most famous Mountain of 7 Colours in the region, while having the same characteristics. You will therefore enjoy this wild place far from the hordes of tourists.
- Departure Time6:00 hrs. - 6:30 hrs.
- Return TimeApproximately 17:30 hrs.
- DAY 1: CUSCO - COMBAPATA - PALCOYO (BEGINNING OF THE TREK) - MOUNTAIN OF THE SKY ARCCO FROM PALCOYO (Distance 3 kms. Walking time: approximately 2 hours)
- MINIMUM ALTITUDE: 4750 m. MAXIMUM ALTITUDE: 5000 m.
- 06:00 - 06:30. Pick up at your hotel.
- 06:30 Departure by private vehicle.
- 10:30 Arrival to Palcoyo.
- 10:40. Start of the walk.
- 11:30 Arrival to the mountain HUALLATACUNCA: “New Rainbow Mountain”
- 12:30 Lunch (box lunch).
- 17:30. Arrival to Cusco.
- Briefing con la guía the day before the walk
- Transporte privado hotel Cusco - Palcoyo - Cusco
- Profesional guide to tourism. (Francófono)
- Entrada al Cerro Palcoyo
- 01 lunch tipo box lunch (the vegetarian option is free; please inform us in advance).
- Cooking and cooking equipment
- first aid kit, oxygen tank.
- Travel insurance
- Emergency horse. (Not necessary)
- Meals not mentioned in the program
- Possible tips
- A pair of hiking boots or traction shoes.
- Pairs of walking socks above the ankle (synthetic or thick wool socks that warm even when wet).
- Long-sleeved shirts or shirts
- Jacket or jacket or similar (polar) - (Warm jacket)
- A waterproof jacket for wind and rain (check that it is 100% waterproof).
- Shorts (for the cold- firstskin).
- 1 pair of walking poles very important for the descents. If you do not have it, you can rent it.
- Cap for sun (Cap or hat).
- Glasses for sun protection.
- Buff or breathable choker.
- Sunscreen (SPF 50 min) and lip protector.
- Canteen or bottle of water (minimum of one liter capacity). The use of disposable plastic bottles is prohibited in protected natural sites. You can buy it with Pukupuku Travel.
- Replacement surgical or social masks. (Preferably reusable).
- Rucksack or Backpack (Day Bag) of expedition of between 0 and 50 liters with waist adjustment.
- Personal cleaning supplies (avoid shampoos and creams in large jars.)
- Quick drying towel.
- Sunglasses with UV filter
- Extra money in cash with a maximum amount of S / 500 soles, for personal expenses and / or gratitude.