This tour offers a wonderful hike to Palccoyo or the other “Mountain of the 7 Colors” in the middle of the mountain range called “RAINBOW”. This place has gained a great reputation thanks to the very special colouring of the sediments of this part of the Andes. Palccoyo has the advantage of being much less frequented than Vinicunca, the most famous Mountain of 7 Colours in the region, while having the same characteristics. You will therefore enjoy this wild place far from the hordes of tourists.
- Departure Time6:00 hrs. - 6:30 hrs.
- Return TimeApproximately 17:30 hrs.
- DAY 1: CUSCO - COMBAPATA - PALCOYO (BEGINNING OF THE TREK) - MOUNTAIN OF THE SKY ARCCO FROM PALCOYO (Distance 3 kms. Walking time: approximately 2 hours)
- MINIMUM ALTITUDE: 4750 m. MAXIMUM ALTITUDE: 5000 m.
- 06:00 - 06:30. Pick up at your hotel.
- 06:30 Departure by private vehicle.
- 10:30 Arrival to Palcoyo.
- 10:40. Start of the walk.
- 11:30 Arrival to the mountain HUALLATACUNCA: “New Rainbow Mountain”
- 12:30 Lunch (box lunch).
- 17:30. Arrival to Cusco.
- Briefing con la guía the day before the walk
- Transporte privado hotel Cusco - Palcoyo - Cusco
- Profesional guide to tourism. (Francófono)
- Entrada al Cerro Palcoyo
- 01 lunch tipo box lunch (the vegetarian option is free; please inform us in advance).
- Cooking and cooking equipment
- first aid kit, oxygen tank.
- Travel insurance
- Emergency horse. (Not necessary)
- Meals not mentioned in the program
- Possible tips